QuickBooks Desktop error h303 usually occurs when the user tries to switch QuickBooks from single-user mode to multi-user mode. The QuickBooks error code h303 may also appear when opening the company file in the QuickBooks desktop application, and the user gets a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The error message indicates something is blocking the multi-user connection between QuickBooks and the company file. To know more about QuickBooks company file error h303, continue reading the blog till the end.
If You Are Looking For An Instant Solution To Tackle QuickBooks Error H303, Then Call Us On Our Toll-Free Number +1 800-579-9430 And Get Assistance From The Certified QuickBooks Professionals.
What Are The Causes Behind QuickBooks Company File Error H303?
Following are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks Desktop error H303:
- There is some damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks services are not running on the server computer.
- The system’s firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- Wrong hosting configuration settings.
Let’s proceed to the solution given below to fix the QuickBooks company file error h303.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 80040408
Most Preferred Solutions To Resolve Error H303 In QuickBooks Desktop
Given below are the most effective solutions to get rid of QuickBooks desktop error h303:
Solution 1. Stop Hosting Multi-User Access On Workstations
The server computer is the one that hosts the company file. So, the Host Multi-User Access option should be turned off. Here’re the steps to turn it off:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option. If you didn’t see the option, go to another workstation, this workstation is not causing the problem.
- Now, move to the server computer.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option.
Open QuickBooks again. If you still get QuickBooks desktop error H303, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks Services On The Server Computer
Perform these steps to check on QuickBooks Database Server Manager Stopped and then QBCF monitor service:
- Move to your server computer.
- Click on the Windows Start Menu.
- Type “Run” into the search box and open Run.
- Within the Run window, type “services.msc” and then press Enter.
- Search and double-click QuickBooksDBXX on the list, where XX denotes your QuickBooks version.
- Choose Automatic for the Startup Type.
- Ensure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it’s neither of them, select Start.
- Move to the Recovery tab.
- Under the First failure, second failure and subsequent failure drop-down menu, choose Restart the service option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Follow the same steps to check the QBCF monitor service.
We hope the solutions mentioned above help you fix QuickBooks Error H303. If the issue persists, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.
If You Are Facing QuickBooks Error 6144 82 On Your Desktop Screen, Follow this article until the end for step by step easy troubleshooting guide.